Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.)
Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) is transforming and diversifying from the current consultancy business operations. Taking advantage of the existing ECDSWCo.’s strength and maximizing on the newly emerging external opportunities that are being prevalent with the shifts in Ethiopian Economic Policy – the Corporation is aiming to play a significant role to the success of the Ethiopian Construction Industry -by creating a vibrant business institution that will not only fill the gap that is in the current construction industry, but also replace the need for having international construction companies that are dominating the government mega scale projects.
To this, the Corporation is emerging as an Engineering and Investment Group. The proposed name of the Group is ‘’Ethiopian Engineering and Investment Group (EEIG)’’. The Group will comprise of three main operational business units i.e., Consultancy, Construction and Investment.
EEIG-Construction business unit key activities are high-end complex construction projects, predominately high-rise commercial and residential buildings, real-estate; infrastructure (roads, railways and airports) & water and energy sector construction. EEIG-Construction alone would grow into a conglomerate of several business units including Piling, underground and foundation Works, Fit-Out, Energy (Solar Solutions), Electro- Mechanical Solution, Facility Management, Landscape and Construction Materials Production.
EEIG Construction is launched with the vision of being the best construction company in Ethiopia with a strategy of Timeously executing high-end complex projects, by utilizing proactive management skills as a Design and Build Contractor in order to achieve an optimum return and aspiring to be a competitive and preferred choice that can replace the current dependence on international contractors and deliver excellence. EEIG Construction will uphold Courage, Integrity, Reliability, Value for its People and Innovation as its core values.
Ethiopian Construction Design and Supervision Works Corporation (ECDSWCo.) External Vacancy Announcement 2023
Position 1 : Junior Recruiter (Re Advertised)
Position Overview/Scope of role:
Junior recruiters assist the R&R team with the processing of new hires and and assist with all recruiting-related duties for EEIG Construction. They are responsible for posting job applications on different platforms, reviewing CVs, screening candidates, setting up interviews and participating in lower grade interviews. The job holder will also be responsible to set up Induction training for new joiners as per the business guideline.
Top Roles and Responsibilities but not limited to:
Assisting the hiring manager or resourcing and recruitment team with recruitment duties.
Reviewing available positions and candidate requirements.
Communicating with the HR team.
Posting job vacancies on social media, job sites and use printed version for specific skilled, semi skilled and DL roles.
Tracking open positions using recruiting software (where applicable) or using internal trackers.
Assisting the hiring team in screening candidate CVs.
Contacting candidate references and verifying education requirements and work experiences.
Conducting initial pre screenings through phone call, email or in person.
Communicating with candidates, resourcing team and hiring managers and setting up interviews.
Managing the CV database.
Come up with recommendations for employee engagement and retention initiatives
Work effectively and efficiently with the rest of the HR team for an effective life cycle of an employee experience.
Set up Induction training for new joiners as per the business guideline.
Perform other duties as required by the Resourcing and Recruitment Manager/Coordinator, senior HR team and or HR Director
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Work Experience – Candidate with HR related role either through internship programme or work experience +3 month and above after graduation but not more than 2 years
Education background – a bachelor’s degree in any social studies field.
Critical skills required;
Passionate to work in recruitment
A very proactive and positive interpersonal skills
Has excellent communication skills (written and verbal both in Amharic and English)
Has the ability to multi-task
Has Integrity, is honest and trustworthy and has personal values
Has high standard for maintaining confidentiality
Is resilient and determined during challenging and demanding times
Can multitask, think creatively to recruit
Technical skills –Computer literacy and social media usage (e.g. LinkedIn) skills are frequently essential in this role
Analytical thinking – in order to examine applicant CV and other credentials to find suitable candidates for positions and understands the needs of the company and ensures that only qualified candidates make it through to the final interview within EEIG Construction.
Position 2 : Project Manager
Position Overview/Scope of role:
To control, direct and co-ordinate all members of the project team, to ensure that all aspects of the project are successfully planned, executed & completed
Top Roles and Responsibilities:
· Will coordinate and manage the team for Water & Energy Projects at project negotiation stage with the Client
· Will identify and evaluate UpToDate technologies and methods for Water 7 Energy Projects implementation
· Will ensure preparation of the Project Quality Plan at project commencement
· Will go through the project scope of work such as drawings, specification, Quality Plans, Contracts, Safety and Environmental protection plan & project implementation program
· Will organize, direct, coordinate and motivate the project team members
· Will plan and establish the work breakdown structure and budget in accordance with estimates for cost control
· Will ensure that procurement schedules for both material and sub-contractors are planned, scheduled and maintained
· Will continually improve the work process and the output of the project team
· Will control and direct all sub-contractors to ensure the execution and quality of their obligation
Will prepare weekly and monthly status reports of the project for the client representative
· Will optimize and implement man power management, SAFETY policies and procedures
· Will ensure compliance with the stated quality control and requirement of the project
· Will ensure adherence to the requirement of Quality Plan
· Will complete project on time, with quality and within budget
· Will prepare the project organization chart
. Will establish and maintain the trades and labour workforce
· Will ensure on site induction training is carried out
· Will ensure the Commercial Department Plan the project cash flow chart at early stage of the project
· Will follow and confirm payments (interim payments and Final payments) are collected on time and the project cash flow is maintained
· Confirm all required Insurances and guarantees are placed and updated for projects implementation
· Provide risk assessment report every month and any mitigation plan in due course of the project implementation
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
· Minimum 15 years and above experience with at least 5 years in a managerial role, Resident Engineer or Project Manager.
· The ideal candidate shall have an international experience/or worked with international companies here in Ethiopia – or must have a proven track record of the successful management of an end-to-end project execution.
·The Ideal candidate shall have experience in high end complex projects.
Employment: Full time
Salary: As per company scale
How To Apply:
KEY NOTE BEFORE APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE
Ensure you fulfill the minimum set requirement.
If you fulfill the above, then you are expected to submit through Ethiojobs, your updated CV.
All those that do not fulfill the above requirements will be rejected automatically.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.